City Church is affiliated with the Acts 29 Network of churches planting churches. We have deep conviction that the local church is God’s primary way of reaching and discipling His people. As a result, we see church planting as God’s primary vessel to reach and disciple new people in virtually every context. Currently, City Church is supporting a number of church plants locally and internationally. In addition to monetary support, we are committed to equipping future church planters and look forward to hiring with the intention to send out Church Planter Residents. Watch Acts 29 2016/17 vision below.
MEET OUR PLANTERS
City church is honored to partner with Grace Chapel Church In Durban South Africa in Training a church planting resident Bruce Chimani. As he works under the leadership of Sihle Xulu we are paying for his fees with the Act 29 Academy.
BRUCE CHIMANI | GRACE CHAPEL CHURCH | DURBAN SA
Bruce was born in Mutare, Zimbabwe, and grew up about 800 km away in the city of Bulawayo. He got saved when he was 16 years old, and within the first year of being saved became active in preaching in high schools and within his community. Having known Bulawayo as home, Bruce has felt a grave need for healthy churches to be planted in the city he loves so much which is largely dominated by prosperity gospel, and deliverance ministry churches -- which continue to lead many astray. He is currently enrolled in the Acts 29 Southern Africa Academy. Currently, he leads the young adults and student work at Grace Chapel Durban. Bruce and his wife, Brittany (who is a Texas native), have been married since December 2017. Bruce enjoys writing and reading, and wrote for a local newspaper for a couple of years. He enjoys following world politics and watching boxing too.
PLEASE PRAY FOR:
- Students to come to faith as the gospel of Jesus Christ is preached in Durban through our feeble efforts.
- Indigenous leaders to be raised in this context who will take over the work we have started, we are here only on a short term basis.
- Sihle, the Lead pastor at Grace Chapel, that grace may be given him to lead and sherperd the flock of God to maturity.
- Open doors for us to build meaningful gospel relationships.
- That our home becomes a place where we can invite students and others and offer them friendship, love and point them to Jesus Christ.
- Financial partners and provision for our work here.
STEVE LUTZ | wellspring church | STATE COLLEGE, PA
Steve and his wife Jess have been married for 17 years. They met during our college years at Penn State. They have three kids, Samuel (13), Micah (10) and Abigail (6). Steve has served in full-time vocational ministry since 2003, including helping plant a church in Philly. They moved back to State College in 2008, and in that time I have served at Calvary, a larger, established church.
In 2011 he wrote College Ministry in a Post-Christian Culture and in 2013 he wrote King of the Campus. These books have opened doors for him to work with and learn from ministries around the country, including leaders in the collegiate church planting world.
About wellspring Church
At Wellspring Church, we believe Jesus Christ is the source of life--real, abundant life. Jesus said that those who believe in him would have streams of living water flow from within them. We are planting Wellspring Church in State College, PA because we are meant to be vessels of Christ's power and love, poured out for others. We know we haven’t received the blessings and benefits of the gospel for ourselves alone, but in order to love God and love our neighbors. We are planting in Spring 2017, aiming to reach the State College and Penn State communities, and our vision is to be a church planting church that flows outward from Happy Valley to Pennsylvania and beyond.
Please pray for:
- Steve and His family.
- Unity of purpose, with the heart and mind of Christ bringing together a diverse group for his Kingdom.
- Guidance by "the Spirit of wisdom and revelation" (Eph. 1:17) as we seek what God wants for our new church.
- A focus beyond ourselves, first to Christ, and then to the abundant fields that are ripe for harvest.
To find out more about Wellspring, check out wellspringchurch.co
City church is so grateful for the prayers and support of the churches below.