REVIEWING THE LAST FOUR WEEKS
The past four weeks in our series How then shall we live we have come up with four statements that reflect our co-values coupled by prayers. We prayed these because in John 15:5 Jesus says apart from him we can do nothing, so we appealed to him to build his church. Here are four statements
Week One | We should live for the glory of God: Our Mission
Scripture: “For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.” (Romans 11:36, ESV)
PRAYER: God, regardless of the cost, keep our church centered on the priority of extending your glory through making disciples.
Week Two | We should live as people changed and being changed by Jesus: Gospel
Scripture: “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16, ESV)
PRAYER: Father, form us into a gospel-centered people, a people defined not by what we do, but by what you have done for us in Jesus, a people who really believe the Gospel contains your great power to save, to both make and mature us as disciples.
Week Three | We should live as a people united by Jesus: Community
Scripture: Romans 16
PRAYER: Father, help us see our church as a family that’s been formed by faith in Jesus and as one of the primary ways you mature us as disciples. And God, give us the grace to walk the difficult road toward being a family that reflects your glory.
Week Four | We should live as people sent by Jesus : Mission
Scripture: “As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.” (John 17:18, ESV)
PRAYER: God, we affirm that we are your saved and sent people, commissioned to make disciples. Father, make our church family into great missionaries.
Could you Join us in praying for these things.
“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” (Ephesians 3:20–21, ESV)
DOWNLOAD DOCUMENTS FROM THIS SERIES BELOW
JOIN US THIS WEEK
Good Friday 04/19/19
Afternoon Combined Service with City Alliance Church and American Rescue Workers Church
time : 12PM | place: Grampian Hills Cross
Evening Afternoon Combined Service with City Alliance Church
time : 6:30PM | place: CITY ALLIANCE CHURCH
easter sunday CELEBRATION 04/21/19
time : 10:30 am | place: city church
FIVE THINGS I FELT, SAW AND HEARD SUNDAY 4/14
- by Pastor Raphael
1. Sunday was special as we reflected on how we should live as people sent by Jesus. We prayed together: God, we affirm that we are a saved and sent people, commissioned to make disciples. Father, make our church family into great missionaries. May it be so in Jesus name.
2. It dawned on me that if God had waited on us, there was no way we would have been saved. I’m grateful that God has moved towards us and found myself yearning for a posture like that for us as a church.
3. I love how fewer people are rushing out after the service, and many are engaging with guests, people they don't know and those not like them. As I was looking around, I found myself muttering prayers of desperation asking God to form us into a strong gospel community.
4. It was so encouraging to see ladies led by Charis Bird dream what orphan care will look like at City church and also to hear an excellent report of the nursing home services going great.
5. I was overwhelmed by seeing the turnout of people to the growth track classes that we are currently offering. Class 101 is about the gospel for everyday life, and Class 102 is about life in the word of God.