At Citychurch, everything revolves around our one-sentence purpose statement: To extend the glory of God by making disciples through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Reading the Scriptures daily helps us keep life in perspective. In the words of John Piper, “If you don’t see the greatness of God then all the things that money can buy become very exciting. If you can’t see the sun, you will be impressed with a street light. If you’ve never felt thunder and lightning, you’ll be impressed with fireworks. And if you turn your back on the greatness and majesty of God, you’ll fall in love with a world of shadows and short-lived pleasures.”
- Keep this in mind as you read the Community Bible Readings this week!
May 28 — Jeremiah 31; Ephesians 3
May 29 — Jeremiah 32; Ephesians 4
May 30 — Jeremiah 33; Ephesians 5
May 31 — Jeremiah 34; Ephesians 6
June 1 — Jeremiah 35; Philippians 1
June 2 — Psalm 119:169-176.
- Update on Kevin Blackson (wife of Zoila) — Kevin is now in UPMC Hospital in Williamsport and beginning his recovery therapy. Continue to uphold the family with our love, concern, and prayers.
- This week there are NO home meetings. Take the opportunity to visit a church family member.
- Interested in being baptized or becoming a member of Citychurch. Beginning this coming Sunday, June 3rd, we are beginning our three-week “Discover Citychurch” class for church membership, meeting from 9:00-10:00 AM. If you wish to attend, please contact the church office; email@example.com.
- Remember that every Thursday evening, 6:30-8:30, we host at the church the“Legacy” youth ministry. All kids between grades 6-12 are invited.
- NOTE: SUMMER OFFICE HOURS: WEDNESDAYS 10 AM - 3PM
Thanks to all of you who serve! We don’t say that enough. Last Sunday’s Pot Luck Dinner was a classic illustration of selfless service by a number of people, and especially extreme service from a few. They would be embarrassed if we singled them out, but may the Lord reward you for your faithfulness! There are many, many weekly tasks that need to be done, and the future of church will depend as we grow in faithful service.
Continuing with the series on “Prayers to Pray Before Church,” we offer this prayer for our leadership in faithfully sheepherding the flock: “Thank You, Lord, for the gift of pastors and leaders. Strengthen our leaders’ faith and joy in the gospel and help them faithfully and unashamedly fulfill their ministry of shepherding the church and equipping the saints for ministry (Ephesians 4:11–13; 1 Peter 5:1–4). Give them great wisdom and direction in every aspect of ministry, and may their example show the church and the world who you are (Titus 2:7). Bless the wives and families of leaders with great gospel joy in the ministry. Help us honor them as your under-shepherds who sacrifice much for our sake (Hebrews 13:17). These things we pray In Jesus Name — Amen.”